Sauk Creek Corridor Plan
The City of Madison is excited to announce the dates for the kick-off meetings of the Sauk Creek Corridor Plan (this affects the wooded space behind Walnut Grove Park). Due to the immense interest in the corridor, and to accommodate as many people as possible, the kick-off meeting will be held in both in-person and virtual formats on separate dates. The meetings will cover the same information, so you only need to attend one, but are welcome to attend both meetings.
The meetings will provide an overview of the three main aspects impacting the corridor—water, land and people, and will explain the corridor plan process so you know what to expect over the coming year. During this first meeting, they want to hear about your values, how you use the corridor, and your goals for the corridor plan. There will be an opportunity to share your input, as well as tell them what questions you’d like answered during the corridor plan process.
- In-person: Monday, November 6 from 6:30-8:30pm at Vel Phillips Memorial High School, Wisconsin Neighborhood Center, 201 S Gammon Rd, Madison, WI 53717. Please register for this meeting at this link on Eventbrite so we can make sure we have enough chairs and tables. There is no fee or ticket required to attend.
- Virtual: Thursday, November 9 from 6:30-8:30pm via Zoom. Registration prior is required. Please register at: Nov. 9, 2023 Public Information Meeting Registration
For more information visit this site: https://www.cityofmadison.com/engineering/projects/sauk-creek-greenway
Share Your Ideas for Public Art!
Would you like to see more public art in the West Area? Describe the type of art and where you would like it to be located by visiting the Public Commenting Map through November 9. You are also invited to take a brief West Area Arts Planning Survey and to attend a West Area Arts Focus Group on November 13, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. at Vel Phillips Memorial High School, 201 S. Gammon Rd., Wisconsin Room. Enter the front doors facing Mineral Point Road, turn left down the hall, and left again into the Wisconsin Room, #1210. The focus group will include a facilitated discussion with area artists, neighbors, and City staff. The city will discuss ideas shared so far, and how to make them a reality! Sign up for the arts focus group and take the survey here.
City staff will also provide West Area Plan updates to City Boards, Committees and Commissions, and they anticipate those to occur at the meetings shown below. They will post the dates and related information on accessing the meetings on the project webpage and send an announcement via the West Area Plan email list.
- Plan Commission – December 7th, 5pm
- Transportation Commission – December 13th, 5pm
- Board of Park Commissioners – December 13th, 6:30pm
There will not be any formal votes at those meetings, but, as always, members of the public can attend and/or provide comments if interested.
There will be additional public meetings where staff will share the draft plan, sometime in January, prior to introduction of the final draft plan to City Boards, Committees and Commissions. They will also post details of these meetings through this email list and on the project webpage.
Finally, there is now a summary of Phase 2 Public Feedback, on the project webpage.
Bus Rapid Transit
Join Metro Transit at the upcoming BRT North/South Public meetings. These meetings are a great opportunity for the public to learn more about the proposed second BRT line that will connect the North side of Madison with Fitchburg.
For more information you can visit our website at: https://www.cityofmadison.com/metro/routes-schedules/bus-rapid-transit/north-south-brt-line
North/South BRT Planning
- South Side Wednesday, November 1 5:30pm – 7:30pm Urban League (2222 S. Park Street)
- North Side Thursday, November 2 5:30pm – 7:30pm Warner Park Community Center (1625 Northport Dr.)
- Fitchburg Thursday, November 9 5:30pm – 7:30pm MainStay Suites (5421 Caddis Bend)
- Virtual meeting Wednesday, November 8 6:30pm – 7:30pm Register and receive meeting link at madisonbrt.com
See this flyer for all the information.